The former NNPC group managing director, Dr Joseph Thlama Dawha’s died on the 3rd of August, 2020.
The sad news was shared by the current group managing director of the company, Mele Kyari on Twitter.
He had tweeted,
“The NNPC family regrets to announce the passing away of Dr. Joseph Thlama Dawha, GMD NNPC 2014- 2015 after a brief illness. We remember his astute leadership and immense contributions to the progress of the Corporation. It’s a great loss to us, the nation and the family.”
While we couldn’t get Dr Joseph Thlama Dawha’s biography, date of birth, age, early life, family, education, more details on his career and net worth, we’d be seeing a few things you’d love to know about him.
Some of a few things you should know about the late Dr Joseph Thlama Dawha include:
– He hails from Biu in Bornu State, Nigeria
– Dawha obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical engineering from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1977, a Master’s of Science in the same discipline in 1985
– He also obtained a doctorate in chemical engineering in the year 1988
– He joined the services of the NNPC in 1988 and and through dedication and hard work, rose to the rank of Executive Director Commercial Services of Eleme Petrochemical Company Limited (now Indorama) Port Harcourt in 2003.
After that he was appointed the Managing Director of Integrated Data Services Limited, Benin in 2005.
– Dr Joseph Dawha served as the Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for a tenure
– He replaced Andrew Yakubu as the GMD
– He led the corporation from the 1st of August, 2014, to 4th of August, 2015. That was during the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.
Dr Joseph Thlama Dawha died on the 3rd of August, 2020 after a brief illness.
What do you think?
Before you leave, also check out this article on Pastor A.E Adeboye’s son who is also a big gospel minister and his current net worth.